Questions to Ask While Choosing an Assisted Living Facility
Choosing a right assisted living facility is very important because you are handing over your beloved family members to a community, who knows nothing about them. So, it is very important to consider each & every detail about the place, where you want your elder to live a happy & comfortable life. Before deciding the options of assisted living Denver, make sure you ask the right questions, so you can be sure that they will provide the best services and care for the needs of your loved one.
Questions to Ask while Choosing Assisted Living Facility
There are different questions that you can ask an Assisted Living Facility to make sure they provide the quality services to their residents.
Ask Staff Related Questions
- Ask the number of employees working there
- Ask about the qualification & credentials of the staff members
- Ask about the training that the staff is given to serve the residents in a better way
- Ask about the timing of serving of each employee
- Ask if they work overnight Ask of they are capable of handling medication for the residents
- Ask if they are available for the residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- If your seniors have a specific disease or problem, then ask if they have any experience dealing with it
- Ask if they do an assessment before admitting the residents
Ask the Accommodation & Residents Related Questions
You can learn a lot about the place when you ask the questions related to the accommodation & residents.
- Ask about the available apartments
- Ask the monthly cost of apartments
- Ask about the people on the waiting list, who are going to be admitted here
- Ask about the current residents living there
- Ask about the outdoor space
- Ask about the policy & regulations
- Ask about the discharge policy
- Ask about the billing methods
- Ask about the services
- Ask about the additional services
- Ask about the cost of additional services
- Ask if the additional service fee will be included in a bill or you have to pay separately
- Does it give a home-like feeling?
- Does it smell good?
- Does this place look beautiful at first glance?
- Do the residents look happy & comfortable?
- Does the food taste good?
- Is it easy to visit this place to meet your elders?
- Does the staff look happy?
- Is the place neat & tidy?
- Do the Residents enjoy each other’s company?
- Does the environment feel friendly & warm?
- Are the residents neat & clean?
- Does the place have services for residents with special needs? For example, medical equipment’s, wheelchairs, etc
- Does the flooring appear easy to walk on, & does the room look nice & comfortable?
By asking these questions, you will be able to better judge if this place is right for your loved one or not. If you feel even some discomfort in your gut about the facility, make sure you check the reason behind it. Don’t ignore even the slightest thing, because you will be asking them to care for your elder.
These are some of the questions that will help you choose the right assisted living for your seniors. This is also one fact that it has become hard to choose the right assisted living option for your loved one’s. Never hesitate to contact Stacys Helping Hand, Inc to find the right option for your seniors.